The Lord has a dog now, I just sent Him mine,
The old pal so dear to me.
And I smile through my tears on this first day alone,
Knowing they’re in eternity.
Day after day, the whole day through,
Wherever my road inclined,
Four feet said, “Wait, I’m coming with you!”
And trotted along behind.
– Rudyard Kipling
This is how VOSD LastRites works:
- Once you request for a cremation through this service you will get a call from our team that will work out whether you will bring the dog to us or should we pick up the dog from you.
- The cost of bringing your dog to the VOSD Sanctuary is included in the price. VOSD Ambulances are not equipped to carry people – you may be required to drive on your own if you accompany the dog to – or a car can be provided at a nominal cost.
- Our team will coordinate when does this need to be done. We will then drive you and the dog to the VOSD Sanctuary and cremate the dog with honor.
- If required, for dogs of upto about 30 Kgs we can freeze and keep them overnight.
- We can also take the dog unaccompanied – in which case you will have a series of photographs of the last rites sent to you on email.
- If you wish, the next day we will deliver the ashes of the dog to you in an urn.
VOSD is by far the largest and most professional caregiver for dogs in India. By booking this service you help VOSD maintain our rescue service – the largest in any city in the world. You will receive an 80G tax deduction for your contribution. You can have a glimpse of the level of care that VOSD brings here:
The VOSD Sanctuary is the private home ofVOSD’s Founder and is the resting place of 100s of his loved dogs. And many others. You can get a glimpse of the VOSD Sanctuary here: